Education for Sustainability Tasmania – Workshop
September 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
You are invited to participate in our Local Steps towards Global Goals workshops to be held across the State. These three events, hosted by Education for Sustainability Tasmania will provide great opportunities for people with an educative role to come together. Through presentations on best practice initiatives in Tasmania and workshop activities these events will help you identify ways to embed sustainability more securely into your teaching practices. Register using the form below.
– To build the capacity of educators and trainers to deliver education for sustainability, through strong, robust and authentic relationships and collaborations.
– To increase understandings of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and Education for Sustainability, with a focus on identifying opportunities for application of the ideas in teaching, partnered projects and research.
Education for Sustainability Tasmania: one of 156 UN-recognised Regional Centres of Expertise worldwide and one of only five in Australia.
Teachers, supporting practitioners and anyone across Tasmania with an interest in education and sustainability – all are welcome.
Format of the 3 hour workshops:
– Key note speaker Jen Dollin from Western Sydney University
– Short highlights from Tasmanian educators, of best practice education for sustainability initiatives
– Opportunities for participants to workshop ways to embed sustainability more securely into their teaching practices.