- This event has passed.
Facilitating Inclusion – How to Start and Sustain a LGBTIQ and Allies Group at School
March 30, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Diversity groups contribute to making schools safer for all students, but in particular LGBTI students. Students who have a diversity group at their school report lower levels of victimisation and harassment, and greater feeling of safety and belonging.
This workshop is focused on why, and how to start and run a (LGBTIQ and Allies) diversity group at school.
– Enable better support for students to feel more connected to their school community
– See an increase in mental health and well-being outcomes for LGBTIQ students and others
– Feel more confident to use inclusive language and ability to model inclusive language
– Knowledge of the key ways to start up a group
– Gain insights and strategies in to how to support and sustain a Diversity group
– Identify key protective mechanism that need to be put in place
– Understand your role as a member / part of the group
Launceston venue to be confirmed.