- This event has passed.
Harmony Week 2017
March 20, 2017 @ 8:00 am - March 26, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Tasmania’s Harmony Week is back again in 2017! The week provides an excellent opportunity to assist your youth group or community organisation to build a culture of appreciation and understanding for the diversity in our communities. Youth and community work presents an ideal setting to foster a culture of tolerance, understanding and respect for diversity, and Harmony Week is a great opportunity to do this!
The Multicultural Council of Tasmania, in partnership with the Tasmanian Government, is working for the second year to showcase our rich cultural diversity through Harmony Week celebrations taking place from the 20 – 26 March.
There are many ways Tasmanian youth or community groups can participate in Harmony Week:
• Organise group activities or workshops that explore culture and celebrate diversity.
• Hold a multicultural lunch or tea for your group and members of the community;
• Invite a local community member to be involved in a community or centre event;
• Contact the Multicultural Council and make a request for a Harmony Week Ambassador to speak to your group;
• Organise a multicultural games day with your group for the community to attend.
We invite you to visit the Tasmanian website www.harmonytasmania.com to find more ideas and access the downloadable resources including:
• Harmony Week logos to use in your newsletters or website;
• Harmony Week poster to display your groups message or event;
• Harmony Week toolkit.
We would love you to showcase your activity by registering it on the website, so others are aware of what’s happening around the state. You may even inspire other youth groups to organise their own event!
Lastly, we want to hear from you so please feel free to contact me to discuss your ideas or activities.
Harmony Week Tasmania Coordinator
Multicultural Council of Tasmania
0455 436 453