Make a donation now through GiveNow.
We depend on our passionate volunteers to keep all our programs and services operating.
Roles can be administrative, library tasks, gardening, cleaning, maintenance, website development & maintenance, researching education resources or – for those with special skills and experience – on our Management Committee.
If you’re passionate about social justice, human rights and/or education and have some spare time (a minimum of 3 hours/week) then send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out:
- your preferred volunteer role;
- your availability to volunteer (days and times); and
- your skills and experience.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” Gandhi
This short video explains how Ghandi and others have taken action for positive social change.
Ten things you can do to take action for a fairer world:
- Reduce your use of non-renewable, carbon-producing energy:
- Make a personal commitment to be a part of the solution. Read about some local heroes who have.
- Learn more about global issues – the causes of poverty, conflict and environmental problems and possible solutions.
- Buy a low emission, fuel-efficient car or a bicycle
- Walk, use public transport, or share cars
- Buy less stuff. Read our page on consumerism.
- Buy from fair trade, environmentally and socially responsible businesses.
- Join or volunteer with a local organisation that’s making a difference or overseas.
- Eat less meat.
- Open a bank account or move your superannuation to a socially responsible investment.
- Conserve energy and water at home. Get involved in any number of events, competitions and challenges.
- Watch less mainstream TV and find alternative media sources
This list is adapted from The Better World Handbook: From Good Intentions to Everyday Actions, Jones, Haenfler, Johnson and Klocke, New Society Publishers, 2001. (Available on loan from A Fairer World.)