Volunteer with us
We depend on our passionate volunteers to keep our programs and services operating.
We are always recruiting human ‘books’ and librarians for our Hobart Human Library.
- Human ‘books’ are Tasmanians willing to share their personal experience of prejudice or discrimination.
- Librarians look after the human ‘books’ and help to prepare for workshops. A background in support work or education is useful in this role.
Find out more about being a human ‘book’ or a librarian on the Hobart Human Library page.
Other volunteer roles are available from time-to-time in administration, gardening, cleaning, maintenance, social media, website maintenance, researching education resources or – for those with appropriate skills and experience – on our Management Committee.
If you have a passion for social justice, human rights and/or education and have some spare time (a minimum of 3 hours/week), please contact us and let us know:
- your preferred volunteer role;
- your availability to volunteer (days and times); and
- your skills and experience.